Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My biggest guilty pleasure

Danny, sweetie, you may not want to read this post. My guiltiest pleasure in the whole world is wedding magazines. And honestly, it doesn't stop there, I love going to weddings, I love looking at wedding pictures from friends and family, I love looking at the Vows section of the paper, which is, in fact, what prompted this particular post today. It's not even because I'm in a super big rush to have a wedding of my own (ok, Danny, you can breathe now), it's probably just because I have watched way too many romantic comedies in my life and I have been going to a lot of weddings since I was little, even being the world's best and cutest flower girl in one, if I do say so myself. My dad is from a family of 12, so most of my aunts and uncles got married after I was born. I cry at every wedding I've ever been to also, even some particularly touching weddings in movies or on TV. There is something that gets me every time and I can't even pinpoint it, but the feeling of weddings is so great.

I guess part of it is that a wedding is one giant theme party. Everything always looks beautiful, everyone is always happy and all dressed up, to quote Wedding Crashers, "There's music in the air!" I mean really, what's not great about seeing two people you know and care about ridiculously happy to be together and then celebrating by eating and drinking and dancing all night? That's the perfect party! The other really great part about weddings is that the couple have gone to such great lengths to put themselves into this great party. It's better than your average backyard bbq because every single detail has been planned to both reflect their personalities and to make the guests happy.

I think my love of pretty clothes has also heightened my giddy enjoyment of weddings/wedding magazines. The clothes for weddings, the dresses, the tuxes, the veils, the matching outfits for the attendants, they are the prettiest clothes ever. (Ok, there are some heinous choices out there, but for the most part, they're great.) They all have beautiful added details and they've all been fitted so they look great on. The wedding dress is especially so awesome, because as an incredibly girly girl, there's something so cool about knowing that the bride is wearing what is probably her favorite dress in the whole world. I know guys just don't get that, but trust me, if you're a girl, there is not much that is more exciting to you than that. Except of course, diamonds. And what do you know? That's another great part of weddings! You get to openly gawk at the bride's beautiful engagement and wedding rings. Well, maybe you're not supposed to, but I clearly do. I can't help it, I like sparkly things!

Thankfully Danny's friends from home are quicker to get to the alter than any of my friends because we have already gone to one wedding this year, which Danny was in (he is SO cute in a tux) and we're going to another in the fall, thank goodness! I haven't gotten enough of my fix yet this summer. My friends really need to step up, because I'm ready to partayyyy ;)

No comments: