Friday, July 13, 2007

I suck at posting, but life has been boring these past few days.

These have been the exciting points of my life this week: yoga on tuesday and thursday, laying out with mel on wednesday and going out to dinner with the parents on wednesday. Not that any of those things were bad, they were great, but I'm so bored I could weep. Work has been busy, but with stupid busy-work crap and I even took a "sick" day on Wednesday to get stuff done at home but mostly because I just couldn't take it anymore. TGIF. Danny's on some camping trip with his lab this weekend, which I can't WAIT to hear stories about because I just really can't picture some of the people in his lab being real handy in the woods. But the bad part of that is that he's out of cell phone range, so I can't even talk to him at all until Sunday. You'd be surprised how much this bums me out, I mean it's only a half an hour a day max right? But talking to Danny every day calms me down, especially when I have stuff I'm having trouble thinking through, for example my current job search. The whole process of the 2L summer job search is painful. I'm currently "bidding" on on-campus interviews that will take place in August for jobs that aren't until NEXT SUMMER. So this of course requires resume updates and revisions, figuring out my schedule, blah blah blah. It's going to be a big old mess. But whatever, as long as I hopefully get a job out of it, I don't really care, I just want it to be over with as little stress as possible, HA!

So that's been the bulk of my life recently, job searches, being bored, yoga. I am probably the coolest person you'll ever meet. Oh and I've also been filling up time by re-reading Harry Potter 6, since the 7th book is coming out in a week. Maybe after I'm done with that I'll achieve my lifelong dream of solving the Rubix Cube, just kidding, I may be cool enough for that but I'm not smart enough for sure. Melissa wants to go out this weekend, and thank goodness for her because otherwise I wouldn't motivate myself to do anything but watch movies and go running. Also thank goodness it's Jenny's birthday next week. Maybe soon I'll find it in myself to be social again and remember that I can still go out and have a good time. Well, I better, or Jenny will kick my butt Texas-style.

No comments: