Monday, August 11, 2008

Just like riding a bike...

So I just started on-campus interviews...again. As I am now moving to D.C. next year to be with my own personal Dr. McDreamy, I have to do the rare but oh-so-exciting 3L job search. It's funny, this morning getting prepped for my interview just felt like going through the motions even though I haven't done the whole she-bang in a year. I was completely calm up until the 5 minutes before and then the nausea came back. I definitely did not miss that part of OCI. Fortunately, my first interviewer was incredibly easy to talk to and I felt comfortable right at the point where I had to give my first answer.

Something that's not just like riding a bike is working out again for the first time in a couple months. Ouch. I'm definitely a little rusty on the old cardio, thank god I'm back on school schedule and will be able to go to the gym at empty times like mid-afternoon. Oh yeah, I suffer from gym shame. I hate hate HATE when people I know see me working out, especially when I'm a smidge out of shape, as I was today. Unfortunately for me, everyone at my school belongs to my gym because we get a sweet deal, so I have to be extra shady, even going into the little gym to hide from people I know. Ugh. Hopefully in a month or so I'll be back to my old self at the gym and not be so nervous to see people.

I'm doing yoga tomorrow...is downward dog like riding a bike? My hamstrings hope so.

No comments: