Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy and Sad

Ok, happy first. What a fabulous weekend. The wedding was incredible, the time with Danny was amazing and it was over before I knew it. The sad, of course, is that Danny had to go back to D.C. I hate saying goodbye to him more than anything else I have to do. He leaves and I'm in a noticeable funk for awhile afterward, depending on when I'm going to see him next. Since I know I'm going to see him right after Labor Day, hopefully I can get myself together more quickly this time. After our summer together, it's even harder for me without him though. My life just makes more sense with him in it every day, in person.

Ok, back to the happy, so the wedding was amazing for lots of reasons but mostly because it was designed to just be a lot of fun. The band played for 4 hours and it was almost a contest among the guests to see who could stay out on the dance floor the longest. (I didn't win, damn shoes.) It was also one of those weddings where the bride and groom are so happy that it is impossible to not want to celebrate around them. They were glowing. I can't say enough good things about it honestly.

On another happy, though much more shallow note, Danny and I saw Pineapple Express yesterday. It was very very funny and I have to give props to James Franco. Oh. My. God. The fact that he is the same guy who played Harry in Spiderman, who is kind of a d-bag, boggles my mind. He was so hilarious and convincing as the dirty hippie pot dealer and I kind of want him to be my friend.

To end on the most shallow note, since I'm kind of progressing that way, the HILLS premieres tonight and I can't f-ing wait. I don't care that it's fake or staged or whatever, it's going to be FABULOUS!!!! I'm sure I'll be writing more about that soon. It's the perfect thing to keep my mind off of interviews :)

No comments: